UKC

Baggy Point and the Culm Coast guide

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 street_alex 28 Jun 2020

I noticed on the CC site that there’s a new planned guidebook for Baggy Point and the Culm Coast. “Available in 2020”. Anyone know if this guidebook is imminent?

https://www.climbers-club.co.uk/baggy-and-the-culm/

Mark Kemball 28 Jun 2020
In reply to street_alex:

Slight change of title - after much discussion it's now "The Culm Coast and Baggy Point"! We are now page setting and hoping to have it in the shops for early autumn.

OP street_alex 28 Jun 2020
In reply to Mark Kemball:

Thanks Mark. That’s great news.

Cobra_Head 28 Jun 2020
In reply to street_alex:

I've been waiting for a new guide from FRCC for over 10 years now I think it's been i production for 12 years or more

GrahamD 28 Jun 2020

Looking forward to this one ! Is N Cornwall in is that a separate guide?

The Pylon King 28 Jun 2020
In reply to GrahamD:

> Looking forward to this one ! Is N Cornwall in is that a separate guide?

The Culm bit of N Cornwall is!

Mark Kemball 29 Jun 2020
In reply to GrahamD:

We're planning to get stuck into "The Atlantic Coast" once this guide is published. That will cover the north coast of Cornwall from Crackington Haven to Hayle. "The Culm Coast and Baggy Point" covers Baggy in North Devon to just north of Crackington in North Cornwall.

GrahamD 29 Jun 2020

Sounds like I'll have to keep my Iain Peter's guide patched together a while longer, then (not even the last version) ! 

Offwidth 29 Jun 2020

Now I've left work I might be up for some blocked time to help on the sub extremes f you are interested and know of any local help with places to stay. Never climbed in that Atlantic coast area at all I'm ashamed to say.

spenser 29 Jun 2020
In reply to Offwidth:

I've got a week of leave to not allocated to anything Steve, if you'd like to spend a week down there checking sub extremes I'll be happy to hold your ropes.

Mark Kemball 30 Jun 2020
In reply to Offwidth:

Iain Peters is leading on the Atlantic Coast, I'm doing nothing on it until we send the Culm of to the printers. I'll message you with Iain's contact details.

Offwidth 30 Jun 2020

Cheers, recieved with thanks.

Mark Kemball 30 Jun 2020
In reply to street_alex:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZWfAAjsqBM&feature=share&fbclid=Iw... - for a flavour of some of our climbing. Simon and Joel have helped with the guide.

OP street_alex 04 Jul 2020

Likewise. Very excited about these. The latest set of CC guides to South Devon and Dartmoor have been top class. 

The Pylon King 04 Jul 2020
In reply to street_alex:

> Likewise. Very excited about these. The latest set of CC guides to South Devon and Dartmoor have been top class. 

And this one has the bonus delux feature of being the right way round.

Gabe Oliver 06 Jul 2020

Awesome. Super excited for this.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...