UKC

Bergen

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
XXXX 16 May 2018

Hi all, I'm heading to Bergen for a few days and hoping to get a few days walking in.

Any advice for good walks in late May? What are the must do things? Nothing too technical and no climbing this time.

Also after general tips for the city.

Thanks!

Jenny C 16 May 2018
In reply to XXXX:

Take a waterproof it has an incredibly high number of wet days. Nice city with some interesting museums, but as you would expect from Norway not cheap  

JamButty 16 May 2018
In reply to XXXX:

http://floyen.no/en/floibanen/

Nice views (when its not raining!!)

XXXX 16 May 2018
In reply to Jenny C:

A tourist has spent a week in Bergen and it has rained every day. Longing for some sunshine and good views he asks a local "does it ever stop raining here!?". The local replies "I don't know, I'm only 23."

I'll take two waterproofs.

What museums do you recommend? Is it easy to get to some longer walks in (next to) the fjords?

Jenny C 16 May 2018
In reply to XXXX:

We only had half a day so didn't do much, but had loads of things we fancied.

If it's your thing the Shetland Bus ran from Bergan during the war and we visited a couple of sites commemorating the resistance movement.

wbo 16 May 2018
In reply to XXXX:the weather is predicted to be super duper for weeks.  It might not be cheap, but consider renting a car and going to Rosendal - some very good 'alps' there - Melderskin, Geitastolstind, walk to Fonnebu.  IM sure theres some amazing stuff between Bergen and Jotunheimen but i dont that area well

XXXX 16 May 2018
In reply to wbo:

Thanks. Good news about the weather. I'm thinking more day trips from Bergen, back in time for some civilised food and culture time. 

Is there still snow on the mountains do you know?

wbo 16 May 2018
In reply to XXXX:melting fast but still some - someone i know is going to Stryn to go skiing this weekend, look at where that is on the map - a couple hours north, but still on the coast.

what i mentioned would be doable in a long day, and are really good hills, by the fjord.  You'd need to get a ferry or two, maybe you'll see whales, i did last summer

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...