UKC

Bivvy site around Wye Valley

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 LastBoyScout 29 Sep 2021

Looking a bit wet this weekend, so planning to upgrade the "sleep in a field" plan to "sleep somewhere with a roof".

Any suggestions around the Wye Valley to Brecon area, please, before we wimp out and book a youth hostel?

Thanks,

Max factor 29 Sep 2021
In reply to LastBoyScout:

One of my top 10 bivvies was the beer garden of the Rising sun. Owner's permission, we put our tents and were out early. Proper climbers' pub!

Timy2 29 Sep 2021

Symonds Yat, the far south buttress, theres open cave area maybe ok for you

SiluresBryn 29 Sep 2021

Not sure what kind of route you’re looking at but there’s a bothy at the north end of the grwyne fawr reservoir. 

bpmclimb 30 Sep 2021
In reply to Timy2:

> Symonds Yat, the far south buttress, theres open cave area maybe ok for you

Except that it always smells of pee

GrahamD 30 Sep 2021
In reply to Max factor:

> One of my top 10 bivvies was the beer garden of the Rising sun. Owner's permission, we put our tents and were out early. Proper climbers' pub!

You always had the challenge of navigating the dog shit to get to the bog, I remember- invariably when pissed !

PaulJepson 30 Sep 2021

A lot of the Wye Valley itself is owned by the Wildlife Trust and camping is expressly forbidden. This could impact access so please don't bivi near the actual crags.  

tehmarks 30 Sep 2021
In reply to PaulJepson:

I'm mainly playing devil's advocate, but...some might argue that if people know that you're bivying, you're doing it wrong.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...