UKC

Black Cliff(Tintern)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 cwarby 14 Jun 2021

A466 has been shut, does this mean you can't drive from Tintern and park nearby? Be easier coming down M50, or is the only way really to park Wyndcliff?

Cheers Chris

whenry 15 Jun 2021
In reply to cwarby:

Sounds like a good excuse to climb elsewhere! Black Cliff is the worst crag I've been to by miles.

OP cwarby 15 Jun 2021
In reply to whenry:

Ohh, not been. Noted a few starred routes and the comment about shade, thought might be worth a play tomorrow. Ta for reply/thoughts, need a chat with partner.

Chris

PaulJepson 15 Jun 2021
In reply to cwarby:

I have friends who went the other day. They walked from the normal Wynd Cliff carpark I believe. It's not far and the road is closed so nice easy walk with no risk of imminent death. 

Don't let whenry put you off, it's a very worthwhile cliff (when it's dry and not humid) and has seen some recent development. There are enough good sport routes to warrant one trip at least and Wolf Whistle (VS 5a)Whiplash (HVS 5b) are great at the grade. I'd sooner go there than Wyndcliff Quarry. 

OP cwarby 15 Jun 2021
In reply to PaulJepson:

Aagghh, 1 all!!

Cheers for comment. Various reasons, I need an easy sport day, so not out for major classics, just a chilled day..

If we go, I'll post my thoughts for others.

Chris

The Pylon King 16 Jun 2021
In reply to cwarby:

It has a very special charm and is currently undergoing a little bit of gentle TLC. All details will be available very soon......

OP cwarby 16 Jun 2021
In reply to The Pylon King:

Thanks Mark. We await...

In reply to your piccie comment, I absolutely believe in guidebooks and the support they provide, my piccie was simply an extra should people want it. Don took 2 pictures in the Gilwern guide of my partner the day Guy led the cover photo. (not one of me despite RP a 7b!). I wish you well.

Chris

OP cwarby 16 Jun 2021
In reply to cwarby:

It's sad opinions get liked/disliked, I appreciated both. We decided on ByG as it's cool, the drilling at Wyndcliff could still be heard there

The Pylon King 16 Jun 2021
In reply to cwarby:

I just turned off the like/dislike function. Absolutley pointless. Black Cliff Q is ok.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...