UKC

Bosherston Campsites

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tigger 21 Jul 2020

Hi,

We've got two weeks off coming up that was originally meant to be for a Dolomites trip but will now be a couple of weeks in the campervan.

Does anyone know if Simon's Field or any of the other Bosherston campsites are open yet?

Cheers

Michael

John2 21 Jul 2020
In reply to Tigger:

Welsh campsites are not allowed to open before the 25th. I do not know if the Bosherston site will be opening then.

OP Tigger 21 Jul 2020
In reply to John2:

Thanks, we won't be ther until at least the 1st, worse comes to worse we'll just have to find somewhere to park up. The camper can carry 6 days of water now so we'll be able to stay out of folks way.

Cheers

heleno 21 Jul 2020
In reply to Tigger:

Simons Field and St Petrox campsites are both open now. Toilets and showers are closed, but if your van has a toilet there are emptying facilities at both sites.

(Posted from Simons Field, enjoying the evening sun and the machine gun fire) 

Post edited at 20:01
 neilh 21 Jul 2020
In reply to heleno:

St Petrox if you book and are self contained so to speak. Do not just turn up. 

OP Tigger 21 Jul 2020
In reply to heleno:

Cheers, we may have to look into other arragements unless he opens the toilet, we only have a Vito so unless i replace a passenger seat with a 'throne' we're out of luck.

David Coley 22 Jul 2020
In reply to Tigger:

Wag bags? 

Andy Reeve 22 Jul 2020
In reply to heleno:

Thanks for the live update!

Do you know if Simon is planning on opening up the toilet from Saturday when the regulations change?

OP Tigger 22 Jul 2020
In reply to David Coley:

Do I want to know?

David Coley 22 Jul 2020
In reply to Tigger:

https://www.needlesports.com/Catalogue/Accessories/Medical-Cosmetic/Clean-W...

you don't need the loo construction in the drawing, just place bag on floor of van. Pee outside!

OP Tigger 22 Jul 2020
In reply to David Coley:

Thansk I'll need to look into it though, the lack of a colon has me going somewhat more regularly than most.

heleno 22 Jul 2020
In reply to Andy Reeve:

> Do you know if Simon is planning on opening up the toilet from Saturday when the regulations change?

I've had to ask other campers because we got back a bit late, but they say, yes, he's planning to make the toilets available again from this weekend. 

heleno 22 Jul 2020
In reply to heleno:

Slightly off topic, but I would urge all climbers visiting Pembroke to support local businesses, such as campsites, pubs and shops, as much as possible.

They have been so friendly and welcoming to us this week, but effectively they've lost half the 2020 season's business. It would be a loss to climbing, as well as to the owners and the community, if one of the local businesses went under. 

Andy Reeve 22 Jul 2020
In reply to heleno:

> I've had to ask other campers because we got back a bit late, but they say, yes, he's planning to make the toilets available again from this weekend. 

Thanks for finding out - that's really good to know.

> Slightly off topic, but I would urge all climbers visiting Pembroke to support local businesses, such as campsites, pubs and shops, as much as possible.

> They have been so friendly and welcoming to us this week, but effectively they've lost half the 2020 season's business. It would be a loss to climbing, as well as to the owners and the community, if one of the local businesses went under. 

Right on!

OP Tigger 23 Jul 2020
In reply to heleno:

Brilliant news, thanks for asking

OP Tigger 13 Aug 2020
In reply to Tigger:

If anyone is curious, the camp site was ok during the week but at the weekend a was the busiest I've ever seen it. Everyone who is noramly on a Spanish holiday atm turned up along with their triple axeled motor homes.

Post edited at 19:45
 Danbow73 19 Aug 2020
In reply to Tigger:

Is it still a just rock up and pitch site or do you need to book?

OP Tigger 19 Aug 2020
In reply to Danbow73:

Still a rock up and pitch, though it was getting pretty full on the Friday nights, it's worth arriving early if possible.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...