UKC

Brean Down

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 cha1n 20 Jan 2013
Long shot, but don't suppose anyone has been there post-snow? Chances of being dry slim?

Cheers
 Xavierpercy 20 Jan 2013
In reply to cha1n: I went there on Saturday afternoon. It was a bit
damp in places but not too bad. The left side of boulder cove ie up to Tide Rising was dry.
OP cha1n 20 Jan 2013
In reply to cha1n:

Thanks for the update Guy. Unfortunately I can't convince anyone to go there for the climbs up to Tide Rising tomorrow. Will have to be another board session..
OP cha1n 22 Jan 2013
In reply to cha1n:

Don't suppose anyone has been there lately? Cheers.
OP cha1n 22 Jan 2013
In reply to cha1n:

Or any ideas on split rock quarry? Heard it was a decent winter venue.
 The Pylon King 22 Jan 2013
In reply to cha1n:

Split rock may be dry but it will be the wind tunnel of hell at the moment.
 Ciro 24 Jan 2013
In reply to cha1n:

Thinking to head over this weekend, did you make it down at all (or anyone else)?
OP cha1n 24 Jan 2013
In reply to Ciro:

Nah, went to TCA. It was wet on Wednesday (sleet I think) and not a great forcast for the next few weeks...
 Ciro 24 Jan 2013
In reply to cha1n:

OK, cheers. South coast is looking a bit better at the minute, will need to be a a last minute decision by the looks of things.
 Gibbo 24 Jan 2013
Still makes me laugh seen the little icon of a plane next to "Brean Down" as the topic.....Costa del Brean.
tommycoopersghost 25 Jan 2013
In reply to Gibbo:

Costa del Brean hasn't got a patch on the sunny resort of Severn Beach. There's even a t shirt celebrating it complete with holiday airliner.

Although it has gone off a tad since they drove the second severn crossing through the resort.

Last time i climbed brean down it was worrying top outs on loose sandy grass slopes with a dig your heels in belay. Has it improved say by putting stakes in?
 Mr p 25 Jan 2013
In reply to cha1n: what about cheddar is it dry there ie remnant lion rock just wondering if any one has been there

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...