UKC

Brittany surf trip

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jessica-h 15 May 2019

Hi.

Please can anyone suggest some good coastal towns villages in brittany for a family holiday. We are going to get the ferry to Roscoff with the car. Husband and son like to surf everyday. Mummy and toddler like sandy beaches. We'd love a picturesque townvillage with little restaurants and cafes and shops and places to visit but not bothered about nightlife. Any ideas as my brain is addled by the research I've been doing.

And if anywhere knows great places to stay even better.. sorry a lot too ask!

Thank you

Toerag 16 May 2019
In reply to jessica-h:

I'm guessing you're going to be looking at going 'right out to the end' of the peninsula for surf as the north coast is relatively sheltered? what do the surf forums say? Can't imagine there's any nightlife anywhere other than the big towns like Saint Brieuc / Brest / Roscoff- the French don't really seem to do nightlife, the country is too rural.  There's probably some WW2 ruins to explore somewhere which the man and boy will probably enjoy. Aside from that, I can't really help I'm afraid, but good luck, Brittany's a nice place. Edit - a friend went to Morhiban area, that looked amazing for snorkelling.

Post edited at 15:00
 IainL 17 May 2019
In reply to jessica-h:

Quiberon. Surf on west, sandy coast on east.

cornishben 17 May 2019
In reply to jessica-h:

I'd go to the Crozon Peninsula.  We stayed in a campsite out the back of Morgat. A short cycle/walk down into town which has a nice big sandy bay.  Good surfing on the west coast a short drive/cycle away (La Palue, Lostmarch point etc.).  There's also some ace snorkelling at Plage de L’ile Vierge.

Sl@te Head 17 May 2019
In reply to jessica-h:

Kerlouan

Nice Brittany beach with boulders

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...