UKC

Burbage car break ins

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fleabytes 27 May 2022

Just a heads up for anyone planning on a trip to Burbage valley.

We went this evening, parked up on the road by the Fox as I thought the little carpark might be full. Glad I did as when we walked through the little car park I noticed some recent broken glass on the ground. Sure enough when we were leaving we saw an audi A4 with its back window smashed in in the car park! Rushed back to the car, which was fine, but noticed even more fresh glass on the lay-by.

Looks like some bastards are targeting the carpark and possibly lay-by.

Be careful all, remember if you park up not to leave anything on display that might attract these scumbags!

Burbage South Valley Boulders

profitofdoom 27 May 2022
In reply to Fleabytes:

Thanks for the warning 

olddirtydoggy 28 May 2022
In reply to Fleabytes:

Funny at the moment. I'm on the FB Cuillin group and 2 parties have reported stashed kit being stolen, one up on the tops.

TheGeneralist 29 May 2022
In reply to Fleabytes:

> Be careful all, remember if you park up not to leave anything on display that might attract these scumbags!

Could I make an alternative request please: please don't leave anything valuable hidden in your car, otherwise people who don't will reap the results when the crims start breaking into cars on spec.

This idea of hiding valuables away is the most irritating, stupid idea that Derbyshire police ever came up with, and let's be honest they've had a few bad ones .

PaulJepson 29 May 2022
In reply to TheGeneralist:

Always have my parcel shelf off for this reason. 

mark s 29 May 2022
In reply to Fleabytes:

Park up, nice shiney climbing gear on back seat. Hide behind the wall and wait. 

In reply to Fleabytes:

Yesterday (28.05.2022) in Peak District (Hathersage rd near Burbage South - ///catch.pink.squad) someone broke into our car and stole all of our trad climbing gear (we are only starting trad)

If you see anywhere someone trying to sell:

- bright orange 50m Mammut rope

- a set of Black Diamond nuts

- 2 blue helmets from Petzl (Boreo) ( one of the had a small mountain drawing on the side

- 2 DMM harnesses (1 was red grey and the other purple grey)

Could you please let me or police know that it's stolen ? police number - 

I don't believe that a climber could do it, only a stupid dickhead so I am going to make it harder for them to sell it. I hope they choke on it. 

fred99 30 May 2022
In reply to mark s:

> Park up, nice shiney climbing gear on back seat. Hide behind the wall and wait. 

With your trusty old hexes to hand I trust.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...