UKC

buying rockax guidebook in el chorro?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 climbercool 11 Mar 2019

I will be arriving in Malaga next Monday,  hiring a car and driving to my accommodation near Alora.  I would like to climb on the day of my arrival so i want to be super fast buying the guide book.   I presume i can buy the rockfax guidebook in Alora or EL Chorro, or do i need to find a climbing shop in Malaga? 

by the way, the reason i cant buy the book before leaving for the trip is because i live in China.

My wife and i will be moving around Andalusia for 1 month so if anyone has any great climbing or non climbing  suggestions of places to go or things to do, please do tell.  Ben

In reply to climbercool:

There is a small climbing shop in el chorro village which sells guidebooks. 

The spiral bound locally produced guide is updated annually and contains more climbing than the rockfax. 

In reply to climbercool:

The Rockfax book is also available from the Olive Branch. The local guidebook referred to above has not been updated since 2014 and is no longer produced.

In reply to Mark Glaister - Assistant Editor:

Thanks, I haven't been for a bit and didn't know that. It's a sad demise as the local guide captured some big adventures in addition to the sport climbing. 

Ardo 11 Mar 2019
In reply to Presley Whippet:

The Climbing Lodge do a guidebook, which you can pick up in a few places and also some free PDF downloads. 

"Climbing-Lodge TOPO El Chorro | 2019
Selection of the best 22 climbing sectors
Only 15 € | available in El Chorro!"

Not as comprehensive as RF, but cheaper and covers plenty, so handy if you're only going there as a one off.

Simon Caldwell 11 Mar 2019
In reply to Mark Glaister - Assistant Editor:

I'm not surprised - last time I was there I bought a copy of the local guide. It easily ranks as the worst guidebook in my large collection!

OP climbercool 11 Mar 2019
In reply to climbercool:

thanks for you help everyone

In reply to climbercool:

Hey Ben

There’s a small climbing shop up near Roca Bella, just past the branch if you get stuck.

Not sure how cheap it’d be, but they’ll probably have the new Rockfax.

Jay

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...