UKC

Cadir Idris overnight parking

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ebdon 11 Jul 2019

Inspired by the currently free rockfax app i thought I might head off to mid Wales to explore somehwere new. I was planning on camping somewhere round Cadir Idris and doing Table Direct and Cyfrwy Arete but note that the parking is pay and display. Does anyone know if there are any overnight parking options round there?

Myfyr Tomos 11 Jul 2019
In reply to ebdon:

Sent you mail. Cheers.

pasbury 11 Jul 2019

In reply to

I had a similar dilemma, I just wanted to go and camp overnight at Llyn y Gader. There really isn’t anywhere to pull the car off the road on all the narrow walled lanes above Dolgellau, so I put in the  maximum payment in the National Park car park and hoped for the best.

Worked out fine for me but it’s a bit of a risk I guess.

Dave Williams 12 Jul 2019
In reply to ebdon:

You used to be able to overnight nearby by Llynnoedd Cregennan, a very picturesque and quiet little spot marred only by the midges in the absence of a breeze. The NT have now put up No Overnight Parking signs as a direct result of more and more T5 type camper vans and other motor homes accessing the narrow stone-walled lane above Dolgellau which, seemingly, has been causing chaos on occasion as a few such vehicles are driven by individuals who are either unable to reverse or are selfishly unwilling to give way when confronted by another vehicle. I have, unfortunately, met both types on this road. The sparsity of passing places doesn't help either. 

A reminder, perhaps, that the current growth of "wild" camping/overnighting in vans can have unintended consequences and an undesirable effect on other visitors and locals?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...