Loading Notifications...

Calpe next week

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 stujamo 07 Oct 2020

We’re heading to Calpe next week for our regular fix of autumn sun, does anyone have any info on what to expect? I.e, shops and restaurants that are open/affected, social distancing measures,etc.

TIA

Stu

mag_to_grid 08 Oct 2020
In reply to stujamo:

A mate of mine lives out there, apparently very quiet. Bars and restaurants still open though and he said its great for climbing at the minute as so quiet. 

I was supposed to be going 17/10 for my annual trip but Ryanair cancelled our flights. 

Cobra_Head 08 Oct 2020
In reply to stujamo:

we were supposed to be going but very few could do the 14 days isolation when we get back, but have heard it was very quiet and many places are closed.

Heike 08 Oct 2020
In reply to stujamo:

I assume I would not self-isolate going into Calpe, just when I get back (which would be fine working from home)? Thinking about Christmas. Can't really find very good or reliable information anywhere.

In reply to Heike:

Hi Heike

That's right, at the moment, no quarantine when you get there, just on return. At present, I think Valencia is quite low risk. Have a look at the map on this webpage, from the Belgian f.o.  They think Valencia is safer than most areas of UK!

https://diplomatie.belgium.be/en

I'm off out in a couple of weeks. Hope to see you all at Xmas!

Heike 08 Oct 2020
In reply to Trythallj:

Thanks, John. Good to know! Hope to see you soon and get some rock under my fingers!

stujamo 08 Oct 2020
In reply to mag_to_grid:

Thanks for the info, incidentally, Jet2 cancelled on us from BHX so we’re going with Ryanair from MAN, on 15th

stujamo 09 Oct 2020
In reply to stujamo:

Thanks for your replies guys, as long as I can get a beer and a pizza at the end of the day it’ll be all good!

mag_to_grid 09 Oct 2020
In reply to stujamo:

Hopefully bar Grizzlys open, if you havent been, well worth a look!

Enjoy, slightly jealous...fingers crossed for next year

In reply to stujamo:

Got back today from Orange House in Costa Blanca. No problem finding places to eat, drink and shop; some are closed but plenty open. Face masks obligatory even just walking down the road. Roads and crags quiet.

Post edited at 18:24
 stujamo 11 Oct 2020
In reply to NigelHurst:

Thanks Nigel👍🏻

StefanB 12 Oct 2020
In reply to stujamo:

I live a bit up the coast. I have not to been to Calpe recently but to a lot of the popular spots nearby. Some of the more touristy cafés and bars (that are best avoided anyway) are closed, but apart from that things are fairly normal, and eating out and buying stuff should be easy. Nightlife is a bit limited, since clubs are shut and there is a curfew for bars (1am I think, which is still late enough for most non-Spaniards ;-))
Even though the circumstances are not nice, I have to admit, that I enjoy a lot of places much more than usual, because it is so quiet. 

In terms of social distancing, masks everywhere in public, unless on your own in nature. Even when on a walk in the hills, have the mask ready, because people tend to put them on when passing each other. Hand sanitizing gels have to used when entering any shop, and there are limits on the number of people allowed inside. Smaller shops may ask you to wait. In a bar or restaurant ask to be seated. they are required to disinfect the tables before seating you, so will complain if you just take a free table. Menu cards are also forbidden so most places will have a QR code you can scan to look a the menu online on your phone.

If you are a group, you may also find limits to the number of people that can sit at the same table in restaurants. This keeps changing and may vary between local jurisdictions, but anything below 7 is usually fine.  

Post edited at 08:29
 stujamo 13 Oct 2020
In reply to StefanB:

Thanks Steff, that’s really useful 🙂👍🏻

jk 16:48 Fri
In reply to stujamo:

Hiya

I'm in javea at the moment, all is good here, facemasks in public, but bars and restaurants are open.

Sun is shining and climbing as good as ever.

John

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.