UKC

Camping -- Reiff

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jon Read 02 Aug 2010
Anyone got suggestions for the nearest camp site to Reiff now?
Has the Am Fuaran Bar actually opened camping, as rumoured a while back?
Ta.
 JuliaH 02 Aug 2010
In reply to Jon Read:

we were last around there about 6-7 weeks ago and what appeared to be the toilet block seemed to be fully built- outside shell-wise, but the turf was still dug up/ rolled back everywhere- presumably for levelling/ drainage work. I would phone them and see how far on they are, I think they quoted sometime this summer for being open but things can change I suppose.
OP Jon Read 04 Aug 2010
In reply to JuliaH:
Thanks. Will report back once phoned.
 Steve-Dale 05 Aug 2010
In reply to Jon Read: The campsite isn't officially open yet but you can camp at it no problem. The facilities aren't open yet either so we sourced water from the bar and there are toilets just up the road. Enjoy
 Adam Lincoln 05 Aug 2010
In reply to Jon Read:

Was at Reiff last weekend. Not sure if you are set on a campsite, but camping by the lock, or by the lovely sandy bay you pass on the walk in looks lovely.
 Gav M 05 Aug 2010
In reply to Jon Read:

I did an article on my blog about the Coigach camping situation a couple of months back.

http://gavinmacfie.blogspot.com/2010/05/coigach-campsites.html

Back then the Altandhu site was more building than camp so I camped up on the foreshore past Polbain.
OP Jon Read 16 Aug 2010
The Altandu site still isn't finished. The bar are letting people camp there at the moment but there are NO facilities, not even a tap, so be warned! Work is on going on the toilet block, but it doesn't look near completion. Good spot though.

Can also recommend the Achmelvich site, although it's a b****y long way to trudge into Lochinver in the p***ing rain...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...