UKC

Camping close to Portland

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Motown 20 Jun 2013
I know there's a similar thread running but would also like to know of any recommended campsite's near Portland. Have transport so don't have concerns of other thread. I like a pub, but a toilet and shower would be good for companions.
 dale1968 20 Jun 2013
In reply to Will Cat: Haven't stayed so cannot say what it's like, just pass it on the way, so about 20-25 minute drive http://www.porteshamdairyfarm.co.uk/id3.html
 Mr. Lee 20 Jun 2013
In reply to Will Cat:

I'd do a forum search as this has definately come up before. There's no campsites on Portland. There's a bunkhouse at Portland Bill end. Mainly used by divers but climbers are very welcome. I forget the name but you'll find it on another thread. A pub is nearby!
OP Motown 20 Jun 2013
In reply to Will Cat:
> I know there's a similar thread running but would also like to know of any recommended campsite's near Portland. Have transport so don't have concerns of other thread. I like a pub, but a toilet and shower would be good for companions.

Apologies for misplaced apostrophe.
 Owen W-G 20 Jun 2013
In reply to Will Cat:

Its about 10-15min drive from Weymouth but Osmington Mills has a great site (see views) and v old pub.

Also see the two sites down the coast west from Portland. 10min drive maybe. Sea Barn and West Fleet. There's a good pub (Turks Head Inn) but it's about 2miles from the camp site.

I think that's your two (three!) choices.
chrismcc 20 Jun 2013
We tend to go with Sea barn farm, there is a bar/cafe on site and close to t' pub on main road (forget the name) but does decent pub grub - quite a nice walk up to the Turks head which does really nice food from memory. Also a swift no hassle drive not through Weymouth onto Portland,

Chris
OP Motown 21 Jun 2013
In reply to Will Cat: Thanks all. Good tips and a sensible recommendation to check previous threads. Lots out there. Thank you all.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...