UKC

Camping in the haute durance in July/august

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 racodemisa 12 Mar 2020

Could anyone suggest any campgrounds in the area between mont dauphin and vallouise that they found to be reasonably chilled out in July and august ? Are there any ? Any advice appreciated.

In reply to racodemisa:

Hi,

I live near vallouise, there are lots of camping options in that area, 14 that i know of, it depends are you looking for e.g. a big site with say an onsite bar and pool etc, or something more spread out and rustic? 

let me know what your after and the crags you looking to climb at I can probably help give you an idea.

cheers

OP racodemisa 12 Mar 2020
In reply to ecrinscollective:

Thanks for answering..I've stayed in ailfroide.. mont dauphin and the campground @argentiere. all seemed fine until the French holidays began.In answer to your question I'd say somewhere along the main corridor ....mont dauphin to as far as briancon possibly

In reply to racodemisa:

If your looking to get away from the crowds, that could be a tough one, Although this summer depending whats happening with travel restrictions it could be a quite one.

I would say your best option is the camp site in les vigneaux, https://www.campeole.com/camping/hautes-alpes/les-vaudois-les-vigneaux

Its two camp site the top one is a big one with a pool and bar etc, and the lower one is more rustic you camp in the trees and there are just toilet blocks, it has a really nice feel to it, and tends not to get to busy.

Another option is camping at puy st vincent http://www.campingpuysaintvincent.com/fr/ really amazing views and not busy, the down side is that is 15/20 drive down to l'Argentiere for climbing down the valley, but it is very close to grande brois etc. Its run by a very good Dutch climber and he's happy to help with good places to climb and whats new climbing wise in the area.

Have a look at those and let me know if you want more ideas.

cheers

OP racodemisa 13 Mar 2020
In reply to ecrinscollective: ah thanks for those details..much appreciated.

David Myatt 14 Mar 2020
In reply to racodemisa:

I’ve stayed at the Les Vigneaux site that badmarmot linked. Convenient location and you can walk along the river in the morning to the bakers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...