UKC

Camping rules for BH?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ebdon 23 Apr 2021

I think I know the answer to this but...

Am I correct in thinking in England and wales prior to the 17th of May you can only camp if you are totally self contained. I have had heard reports of tents various places but I assume they must have brought their own toilets?

Neil Williams 23 Apr 2021
In reply to ebdon:

I must admit I find this utterly bizarre when public toilets are open everywhere else.

Šljiva 23 Apr 2021
In reply to Neil Williams: some have toilets open but not showers after a last minute change to the guidelines. Check ahead i guess, although finding a space may be the biggest problem. 

Neil Williams 23 Apr 2021
In reply to Šljiva:

It would help reduce the "bad" wild camping if more was made to point out the change regarding toilets so more sites could open.  I get the issue with showers as you spend more time in there then, but we really could do with getting the likes of the Gwern Gofs back open - crikey, Isaf only has individual bogs anyway!

To be honest I don't even really get why hotels can't open but with communal areas closed (e.g. food only by room service), it's no different to a block of flats, and checking in the same as being served at a shop.

Post edited at 20:26
 MB42 23 Apr 2021
In reply to ebdon:

Nope; campsites have been able to legally open with washing facilities (even if shared) from 12th April.  The government recommendations are to keep shower blocks shut and only open toilet blocks.

steve_gibbs 24 Apr 2021
In reply to ebdon:

It appears differing regions have different approaches to camping rules. A friend has been struggling to find camping for him and a client for MIA work in the Lakes and Snowdonia, whereas I was down in Cornwall last week and many campsites were open from the 12th April, albeit not all have toilets/showers open. We stayed at https://www.gwithianfarm.co.uk/ which was over half full, so I recommend booking ahead. They simply closed every alternate toilet, shower, urinal, sink. Everything else was as normal.

CantClimbTom 24 Apr 2021
In reply to MB42:

> ... ...The government recommendations are to keep shower blocks shut... ...

To improve hygiene ???

After a few days unshowered walking the hills all day, nobody would risk getting as close as 2 metres

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...