UKC

Campsite in the Peak District

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Chalk 22 Jan 2012
Can anyone recommend a cheap campsite in the peak district. Preferably within about 10 minutes drive of Stanage and that won't require booking.
In reply to Chalk: North Lees campsite is right beneath stanage and at this time of year i doubt it would need booking.
Chalk 22 Jan 2012
In reply to aretherenoneleft: I was thinking more for last minute trips between March and September.

Does it tend to get fully booked in the warmer months?

In reply to Chalk: Its best to ring before hand during holidays and weekends.
 Dan Lane 22 Jan 2012
In reply to Chalk:

If you must go to stanage and stanage alone then North Lees is the place to go. You're missing out on much better crags in the peak though...
Chalk 22 Jan 2012
In reply to Dan Lane: Tbh I usually go to Burbage, I just said Stanage because there next to each other. Not really a fan of stanage, but only because it's so busy.

The exact location of the campsite isn't essential, so long as it's on the East side of the peak district and cheap.

Which other crags would you to go to instead? (Needs to have relatevely easy access at the top, as most my outdoor climbing is done on toprope atm).

charley 22 Jan 2012
We always stay at Hardhust. Loads of space, good shower block, on-site cafe (in the summer) and a decent pub next door;

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=2596

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...