UKC

Campsite near Anstey's?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mowglee 31 May 2014
Hoping to spend a few days down there midweek in June. Can anyone recommend a quiet and cheap place to stay nearby?
Thanks!
OP Mowglee 04 Jun 2014
In reply to Mowglee:

Anyone?
 emitto 04 Jun 2014
In reply to Mowglee:

You can free camp down at Long Quarry point (across the downs from the Anstys walk in, and there is a steep path down to the quarry).
 Cusco 04 Jun 2014
In reply to Mowglee:

Hi. There's not many campsites that are quiet and cheap to stay near ansteys itself. But you might like to look around Stoke Gabriel which would be 20-30mins or so drive around the ring road to get there(dependent on time, traffic and the bypass works). Nice place, near the river, and a little bit further from the main grock hoards. If it's been raining recently and you want to do stuff on empire wall, it may be seeping.
OP Mowglee 05 Jun 2014

Thanks guys, I will check out both options! Recent rain might rule it out for a while - had my eye on Empire but I gather it needs a week or two after heavy rain.
 Cusco 06 Jun 2014
In reply to Mowglee:

If its been a sustained period of rain it takes much longer than a few weeks to dry out. A few years back it was virtually unclimable for 6 months! Before heading down ask about the conditions of empire wall through here.

Great route. Enjoy.

Ps theres also quieter wild camping at telegraph hole quarry. Long quarry is frequented by fishermen and torquay yoof.
 Morgan Woods 06 Jun 2014
In reply to Mowglee:

Think I stayed at Widdecombe Farm campsite a while back.
 sparkass 08 Jun 2014
In reply to Mowglee:

I've just camped on the beach below the crag in the past, very pleasant!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...