UKC

Campsites - Bosherton, Pembroke,

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Paul Hy 06 Aug 2020

Anyone know if either of the camping fields in Bosherton are open?  

TIA

Mowglee 06 Aug 2020
In reply to Paul Hy:

Simon's field is open. It's more like a van parking lot than a campsite now though which I think is a shame.

OP Paul Hy 08 Aug 2020
In reply to Mowglee:

Thanks, which one is Simon's, the bigger one or the smaller one?  do you have the book as i cant find phone details?

nikoid 08 Aug 2020
In reply to Mowglee:

How depressing.

GDes 08 Aug 2020
In reply to nikoid:

Why is that depressing? 

nikoid 08 Aug 2020
In reply to GDes:

Because the image I have in my mind of Simon's field is a lovely peaceful site with just a few tents dotted round the edge. I know things change but I feel vans are spoiling things now. You also need to understand that I am an old git who preferred it when climbing was more of a niche thing, mainly pursued by weirdo's and social misfits.

Phil1919 08 Aug 2020
In reply to GDes:

Part of the overall problem of 'the infernal combustion engine'. A bit to do with perspective.....you won't notice it if you're in one.

dominic o 08 Aug 2020
In reply to nikoid:

I can confirm that Simon's Field is indeed open, and also reassure everyone that reports of its demise into a van parking area are a bit premature! We stayed there last weekend (in tents) and while there were quite a few vans, there was still plenty of canvas kicking about.

More importantly, the vibe of the place as a climber's campsite full of like minded people enjoying this magical part of the world was very much intact - and no shortage of "weirdos and misfits"

There's a shot of the field (and a tent!) buried about halfway down this blog post

https://rockaroundtheworld.co.uk/2020/08/02/deep-throat-and-a-monster-whipp...

gazhbo 08 Aug 2020
In reply to nikoid:

I watched a Netflix documentary about the world Rubix Cube championship last night.  Absolutely wall to wall weirdos.  You could take that up instead if you just want to feel special.

nikoid 08 Aug 2020
In reply to gazhbo:

I'm special already, my wife says so.😀

GDes 08 Aug 2020
In reply to Phil1919:

Do you go to Pembroke by bike then? 

Phil1919 08 Aug 2020
In reply to GDes:

Well I haven't got a car.

GDes 08 Aug 2020
In reply to Phil1919:

Very admirable. You are in a tiny minority though. Climbers using internal combustion engines (often inside a van) is not a new thing. 

Freshprintce 13 Aug 2020

Is the pub open though?

John2 13 Aug 2020
In reply to Freshprintce:

Yes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...