UKC

Campsites in Northumberland

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jobertalot 11 Aug 2017
Off to Northumberland next week with the family for some bouldering and sightseeing.

Any recommendations for campsites? Basic is preferable, no pitches etc.

Also, anyone know of any campervan spots for wild camping for a night or two? Tricky at this time of year I know!

Thanks.
OP jobertalot 11 Aug 2017
In reply to jobertalot:

Also, any good sites on the outskirts of York, thinking of stopping there for a night too.
In reply to jobertalot:

There is an amazing spot very near to Bambrugh castle right next to the beach just up a dead end lane in the village second 'car park' along. However I have a feeling it might have a height restriction but not sure. I know transporters and transits fit.
 Ramblin dave 11 Aug 2017
In reply to jobertalot:

Based on our experience a couple of years ago, most places around there tend to be a bit Caravan Club, book-online-six-months-in-advance. We stopped at a site in Belford, which was a bit manicured but reasonably relaxed with it and had semi-tame rabbits everywhere, and the place at Once Brewed on Hadrian's Wall, which was pretty basic and good. I believe that the rugby club in Alnwick does camping over summer as well, which is meant to be fairly cheap and cheerful.
In reply to kellyb (velvet.mustard):

Thanks, i'll try to find it!
In reply to Ramblin dave:

Thanks, good suggestions. I know what you mean about being a bit Caravan Club - that's what a google search seems to throw up.
In reply to jobertalot:

I think its on a road called the Wyndings
 fimm 11 Aug 2017
In reply to jobertalot:

Wooler might suit you. It has been a long time since I was there though!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...