UKC

Ceuse and Verdon in October/November

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tom Blake 12 Sep 2020

Hey, does anyone have any experience climbing in Ceuse or Verdon in late Autumn? Planning a trip to the continent for a bit and trying to figure out where I can climb!

Cheers 

Tom

Si Witcher 12 Sep 2020
In reply to Tom Blake:

Ceuse is at 2000m so will be too cold generally. The Verdon is at 1000m so could be ok in the sun. Generally I'd aim for lower lying crags though like buoux, chateauvert, chateaudouble etc

GDes 12 Sep 2020
In reply to Si Witcher:

The one time we went to ceuse in late October it was way too hot to climb in the sun, perfect in the shade. I'd say its worth going in October definitely. Easy to bail somehwere lower if its too cold. 

Post edited at 21:59
 Si Witcher 13 Sep 2020
In reply to GDes:

Interesting, ta

MischaHY 13 Sep 2020
In reply to Tom Blake:

Verdon is perfect, maybe even a little warm in October. A few mates of mine were climbing at Ceuse in the sun in January this year so based on that I'd say it's perfect. Enjoy! Verdon is a very special place. 

jcw 13 Sep 2020
In reply to Tom Blake:

Keep dreaming, with present regulations you don’t stand an earthly this year at least.

seankenny 13 Sep 2020
In reply to Tom Blake:

Did a trip to Verdon and Buoux at the very end of October, both were great. Verdon was very cold at night, maybe -5 or lower, so I wouldn’t camp at that time of year again what with the long nights. But it was superb during the day with amazing cloud inversions. 

keith sanders 13 Sep 2020
In reply to jcw:

What will stop him going to France

keith s

jon 13 Sep 2020
In reply to Tom Blake:

During normal/fine weather, just about any S facing crag in the S of France, regardless of altitude, should be OK in Oct/Nov. Just keep an eye on the weather and if it craps out then there are hundreds of Plan Bs available.

David Myatt 13 Sep 2020
In reply to Tom Blake:

I’ve climbed at Verdon last week of October. It was great. Also went to Mont St Victoire and St Jeannett by Nice. Also good at that time.

GDes 13 Sep 2020
In reply to keith sanders:

Maybe the fact theyre back up to 10,000 new covid cases per day. Seems unlikely it'll be an easy prospect in a month or so. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...