UKC

Ceuse at the start of May?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AJM 18 Nov 2012
So I've done Ceuse before end of August, but has anyone tried it roundabout Mayday?

I've got major psyche for a Ceuse trip next year, which I had been hoping to do June sort of time, but I've also been invited to a wedding in Grenoble on Mayday weekend. It seems to make so much sense to combine the two, but will it work...?

Views welcomed!

Cheers,

Andy
OP AJM 19 Nov 2012
In reply to AJM:

That'll be no one then?
daveinfrance 19 Nov 2012
In reply to AJM:
Depends on the weather! I was there 2 or 3 years ago early in may & apart from the wind, it was fine climbing in the sun. Hardly anyone else there.
But if it's a hard winter, the snow can linger on the top & there can be seepage. Good luck!
 yorkshireman 19 Nov 2012
In reply to AJM:

I've not climbed there in May but I live half way between Grenoble and Ceüse.

Early May can be glorious, with all the mountains coming back to life. But it can also be brutal, with snow making an appearance or lots of rain. So whatever you choose, I would be prepared to change your plans at short notice.

It should be easy though, there is a train that runs from Grenoble to Veynes-Dévoluy (great, dramatic mountain train journey) every couple of hours and from there you can hitch/taxi to Ceüse. Unless of course you hire a car, then its about 2 hours drive.
OP AJM 19 Nov 2012
In reply to AJM:

Ok thanks guys!

If I was out for a couple of weeks I'd probably drive out to give that extra flexibility. Sounds like Ceuse is a definite option, but that having a backup plan (St Leger north face perhaps, or Venasque/Buoux, or something) wouldn't be a bad plan.
 Morgan Woods 19 Nov 2012
In reply to AJM:

yeah...i've had a few sunny days in Buoux in early June then headed to Ceuse to get rained on for a week.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...