UKC

Chalk question

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CantClimbTom 11 May 2022

Hello UKC hive-mind

I'm after any tips on a location for top roping shorter sections of chalk crag/cliff. By which I'm looking for rock-climbing chalk rather than dry-tooling chalk. Due to travel I'm interested in the Margate area but maybe I'm being an idiot with my Rocfax (If I need to donload a particular guidebook/are let me know) I'm not seeing details for the 2 routes at Margate?.

Kingsgate Bay is dry tooling and I *assume*? the same for Dumpton? I may well dig out my crampons but that's not what I'm looking for right now

Any tips on where to look for top-ropeable (as I'll be alone) rock-climbing chalk in Kent that's comfortably less than half a rope length?

Please point me in the right direction and I'll do the research, I just need that initial pointer. Thanks

EDIT: Anyone think Botany bay might be suitable?

Post edited at 14:34
 PaulJepson 11 May 2022
In reply to CantClimbTom:

I could be mistaken but I think there was some chalk in the southern sandstone guidebook. 

OP CantClimbTom 11 May 2022
In reply to PaulJepson:

Thanks, I think I'm being a total numpty then... will dig it out from my book pile and check that

PaulJepson 11 May 2022
In reply to CantClimbTom:

It's quite an old guidebook though, so you can probably guarantee that there isnt a single hold on those routes that there was when the guide was published!

OP CantClimbTom 11 May 2022
In reply to PaulJepson:

Really? in that case I'll be expecting a refund

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...