UKC

Chamonix- Hitching from Geneva?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gavmac 07 Mar 2018

Wondering how easy it would be, from peoples experience, to thumb a lift to Chamonix from Geneva Airport? I was thinking that hovering at car rentals would have a good chance of finding a Brit heading to Cham and then offering some petrol money for a lift... I'm out in June for a couple of weeks. 

Might not be worth the hassle but folks may have some insight  

Post edited at 16:02
 Mark Haward 07 Mar 2018
In reply to gavmac:

I've never tried thumbing a lift from Geneva but I do know that there is a regular and fairly cheap bus service.

KevinJ 07 Mar 2018
In reply to gavmac:

I've never tried hitching, but have managed to book early enough with EasyBus to get a transfer for a few quid each way.

Offers a sense of confidence that you will get there, even if the service can be a little erratic on occasion.

Sam W 07 Mar 2018
In reply to gavmac:

Hitching down from Cham to Geneva is usually easy.  Don't remember ever doing it in the other direction but I think your chances would be good, and as others have said there are buses available as a backup plan.

Tony the Blade 07 Mar 2018
In reply to gavmac:

I'd suggest two options. Either put a message on here requesting a lift share our take one of the buses. 

GrahamD 08 Mar 2018
In reply to gavmac:

Bus or shared transfer taxi will not be the most expensive part of a stay in Chamonix by some margin !

OP gavmac 08 Mar 2018
In reply to GrahamD:

Aye, very true! But, as a poor student, just trying to save every penny I can  

Thanks other folks for input. Will probably try my luck, with the bus as a fall back (and keep an eye out for other deals).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...