UKC

Chiang Mai-Finding Climbing Partners

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 aostaman 01 Sep 2012
I've read and digested the UKC article on CM but does anyone have any experience of being in Chiang Mai and looking for climbing partners.

There is the reference to lifts and partners via the CMRCA noticeboard in the article but has anybody used this or any other means of contacting possible partners in this area?

I will be there early to mid Feb next year, but plans have to be made well in advance.

Thanks
 John H Bull 02 Sep 2012
In reply to aostaman:
Use the notice board outside CMRCA and you should be fine.
 will6459 02 Sep 2012
In reply to aostaman:

I used the board at CMRCA and had no troubles finding partners, when I was there, the majority of people were on their own looking for people to climb with. Check out the evening food market (close to Julies) when your there, fantastic dishes really cheap.
 Ayrton 02 Sep 2012
In reply to aostaman: Also if you don't find a partner on the CMRA noticeboard, just buy a ticket on the daily bus to Crazy Horse and in the 1hr it takes to get there you'll know everyone in the bus and you'll have people to climb with. It's a really chilled place.

Try and find the secret 45m 6b route in a cave that you get to via a squeeze. Amazing route.
OP aostaman 02 Sep 2012
In reply to Ayrton: Thanks everyone, appreciate the info and am looking forward to it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...