UKC

Chullila or Alicante for the lone climber?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 SiobhanStraver 04 Dec 2019

I'm looking at going on a trip Dec 26th to Jan 4th on my own and looking for where might be most suitable. I'm interested in Chullila and the costa Blanca area, but not sure where I'll stand a better chance of finding partners.

I've climbed in Chullila before and loved the place, but equally I hear Orange house near Alicante is a good shout. Any recommendations?

(El churro is the third choice, but it adds a lot to the price..)

neilh 04 Dec 2019
In reply to SiobhanStraver:

El Chorro has quite alot of solo climbers just turning up and hunting for partners.

In reply to neilh:

Fairr. I mean that's good to know, if El Churro is the place to be for meeting people then might be worth paying the extra! It's just so hard to tell by googling

neilh 04 Dec 2019

Just ask around at the station bar or at one of the hostels if you are staying there. Olive Tree usually has a number of people always looking for partners.

Costa blanca it will be just about impossible, maybe if you are staying at say the hut in Guadalest. Chuilla, difficult to jusge.

of course if you speak Spanish it may help!

Post edited at 15:50

Thanks, I appreciate it!

adambwalls 05 Dec 2019

I was at the Orange House through Xmas and New Year last year and there seemed to be a few people around looking for partners.  I imagine that could depend on the year though.

As I'll be going solo this year, I'm staying in El Chorro at the Olive Branch this year as that seemed a better bet (I'll be there till the 1st Jan).

Also for Costa Blanca area you really need a car to drive to the crags so can be a little harder just to tag along with a group in that respect.

dominic o 05 Dec 2019

The refugio at Chulilla is a friendly place where there's a fair chance of teeming up with someone. Search for El Altico 

https://rockaroundtheworld.co.uk/2016/01/02/chulilla-and-a-great-view-from-...

Similarly the Orange House on the Blanca or Olive Branch in Chorro.

Enjoy  

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...