UKC

Cliff jumping spots on Portland

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hi guys, so it's been a few years since I've done any decent height DWS on Portland. 

I want to take a friend to potter around and jump off a few bits and pieces. But the last time I specifically did this was 10 years ago. I remember jumping from the Crab Party ish area, Red Crane, and Pulpit. But that was when I used to hang out with a pretty experienced group of local DWS enthusiasts. 

I wondered if anyone could recommend some decent and safe spots. And maybe some spots that require a decent tide and are a little less safe but doable so long as you use your brain.

Thanks in advance!

steve taylor 03 Jul 2018
In reply to A Longleat Boulderer:

Temporary Lifestyle (HS 4b) The ledge above this is safe to jump from at most tides. There is also a rusty ladder to climb out. It goes without saying though to check water depth first by having a little swim around.

Octopuss Weed (E3 6a) This is similar, but without the ladder.

There are plenty other areas, but they are higher risk...

In reply to steve taylor:

Hi Steve,

Thanks for this. Yeah, I remember the temp lifestyle one. I seem to remember one disconcerting but deep boulder below. And the ladder basically being rusty stumps sticking out of the wall!

Will take a look at the Octopuss Weed one...

I suppose the best bet for alternatives is to take the guide with me... check out the S0 lines, have a swim underneath and go from there.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...