UKC

Climbing Amalfi. Italy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 peteholland61 06 Oct 2019

Anyone climbed on Amalfi Coast. Staying in Sorrento for a week, wondered if I should take my gear. Any info much appreciated. 

tjekel 06 Oct 2019
In reply to peteholland61:

It's quite a while back, but I really commend you take your gear. Plan to do some driving, not disance but timewise.  sport climbing gear is sufficient, good routes tend to be 6a/b and above. 

Stoney Boy 06 Oct 2019

I walked under the crags behind Ravello a while back and they look very good (sport climbing) stunning setting......

Ciro 08 Oct 2019

It's years since I've been, so I'm not sure the current access status of some of it, but there's stacks of superb climbing on Amalfi. If you don't bring your gear, you will kick yourself.

Around the Scala area, there's some great technical old school climbing (with fairly old school grades), put up by Oreste Bottiglieri, although some of his crags were later covered by steel netting by the authorities to prevent rockfall.

Along at Positano, Cristiano Bacci later developed more new school climbing - big caves, tufas, etc.

Either way, the climbing is great and the scenery mind blowing

OP peteholland61 08 Oct 2019
In reply to tjekel:

Thanks.

In reply to Ciro:

Sounds great. Will definitely take my gear now. Shouldn't be too hot either. Thanks

In reply to Stoney Boy:

Thanks for that.

EddieA 16 Oct 2019

Some information here:

https://www.falesia.it/it/section/25/campania.html

I think there is a 'google translated' English version too.

LucaC 17 Oct 2019

It's great out there. This time of year can be really perfect. Theres a new(ish) guidebook available: http://www.climb-europe.com/rockclimbingshop/Malopasso-Rock-Climbing-Guideb...

Lots of single pitch sport of all grades. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...