/ Climbing and scrambling around Lisbon and Granada

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
L Vicjun 03 Dec 2019

Hi!

First post here, so sorry if this has been asked before. I could only find one thread. Some friends and I are spending New Year's in Lisbon, and we will then head to Granada for a few days. My friends aren't climbers, but I have climbed indoors for some years (and scrambled in Scotland once). We would be interested in doing some outdoor bouldering and roped climbing while there. I have read that Cascais and Sintra are good climbing locations in the Lisbon area, but we will rent a car so we can drive to other places.

I would also like to do some scrambling in the Sierra Nevada, if possible during the winter season. We don't have any snow gear, so it would have to be at lower altitudes. Otherwise I would like to try some rock climbing there as well, and we will probably hike the Camino del Rey. 

As we are beginners, we would prefer to have instructors and local guides. Does anyone know of good companies in these areas?

Thanks!

Post edited at 10:37
mariopulquerio 03 Dec 2019
In reply to Vicjun:

For the area around Lisbon this guy is very good: https://www.facebook.com/SintraClimbingTours/

He is one of the major developers of the bouldering taking place in Sintra and knows very well the sport and trad climbing around Lisbon.

Have fun

Mark Bull 03 Dec 2019
In reply to Vicjun:

I don't have any direct experience of them, but there is a UK-based guiding company that operates in the Granada area:  https://www.spanishhighs.co.uk/ 

tjekel 03 Dec 2019
In reply to Vicjun:

In Cascais, the main area farol da guia, is probably close to indoor climbing in terms of dimension and bolting. If you are competent indoor, you should be fine there as well. Acess is the same as well. One minute. There are easy routes around.  Farol da Guia

Around Granada is a big skiing area, which hints to ample snow in winter. Probably not what you want for scrambling. 

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.