UKC

Climbing in South Germany/Bavaria/alps?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kemics 17 Mar 2012
I'm planning a short get away in a couple months and would really like to head to Bavaria/south germany. I know there's climbing here but can't seem to find much info on it. I know frankenjura's kind of in the area but i'd rather do long mountain routes than hard sport. Ideally what i'd be looking for is a cheap youth yostel at the base of mountain crags where it's easy to meet partners, climb some long granite trad routes and drink good beer for a couple weeks.

Does anyone know anything about this part of the world? Is this fantasy a reality?
 jimtitt 17 Mar 2012
In reply to Kemics:

Long granite routes in Bavaria? Yes, this is fantasy!
 rockcat 18 Mar 2012
In reply to Kemics: Theres some superb long mountain routes in the Wetterstein near Garmisch-Partenkirchen. Stay in the Alpine huts or do an internet search for hostels / routes / info etc. Great venue but its limestone!
 jimtitt 18 Mar 2012
In reply to Kemics:

One visits Bavaria for the cragging, beer, cakes and a good time,the long mountain routes aren´t up to much and the only route I´ve done on the Wetterstein was pits but there you are! For long quality mountain stuff you go into Austria (limestone), for for granite either Italy or Switzerland (or of course France) though there is a bit high up in the Zillertal (Austria).

Jim

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...