UKC

Climbing Sardinia with small Kids

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
mim 20 Apr 2018

Hi everyone,

we are visiting Sardinia at the end of September. We have two Kids, 1.5 and 3 years old, the older one likes to climb or better scramble (with rope and harness) and the smaller one is quite a busy body too.

We thought about spending our time in Ogliastra Between Baunei and Jerzu and maybe up north too. Not necessarily in Cala Gongnone (We don't really enjoy "tourist" holiday).

Are there any Crags that would came into question with all the boundary conditions? What we usually do, we would do the approach so that he smaller one falls asleep and then we climb as long as we can, and when he wakes up I finish up and belay the older one and then we go to a beach or simply back to the apartment.

So what I am looking for is something with approach of up to 30 minutes (occasionally a bit more) and a crag that has at least a little bit flat area at the start of the routes.

Thank you very much for some Info.

Ciao Michal.

timjones 20 Apr 2018
In reply to mim:

I wouldn't rule out Cala Gonone, it won't be too touristy at that time of year, has a good selection of crags with child safe areas at the base and plenty of other stuff to do.

mim 20 Apr 2018
In reply to timjones:

Hi Tim,

thanks for the reply, it is very hard for me to judge on that, I know that italian holidays are over by that time but germans and swiss and austrians are all on the way. But who knows maybe we will end up there.

Any idea about the bolts, is it mostly rebolted or is there still a lot of old rusty stuff?

timjones 20 Apr 2018
In reply to mim:

I don't remember encountering any dodgy bolts during any of our 3 trips there.

I really wouldn't worry about other tourists, I'm no fan of the knotted hankerchief brigade but I have hardly noticed them there. You really are getting into the off season by then.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...