UKC

Climbing Switzerland

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Katjrobb 02 Jul 2024

I am looking for climbs in Switzerland where I can set up a top rope to be able to climb with a friend. My friend can not lead belay, so I would need to be able to walk in to the top of the crag or if it has a Klettersteig or via ferrate set up to set up top ropes?

I have found a few in the Bernese Oberland but am looking for some more.

Thank you in advance

JLS 02 Jul 2024
In reply to Katjrobb:

Have you considered using a stick-clip?  These can be proprietary bought from a shop or made at the crag from a tree branch, a quickdraw and some sticky tape.

Eduardo2010 02 Jul 2024
In reply to Katjrobb:

gletscherschlucht in Grindelwald

wbo2 02 Jul 2024
In reply to Katjrobb:

Anywhere in Switzerland? 

OP Katjrobb 02 Jul 2024
In reply to wbo2:

Ideally in Kanton Bern or surrounding Kanton's.

Skyhook 04 Jul 2024
In reply to Katjrobb:

Closest place to Bern City.

Büffelfels

40 years since I was there (once) but I suspect it is still a popular spot.

i seem to remember that it was an easy scramble to the top of some of the climbs.

chiroshi 04 Jul 2024
In reply to Katjrobb:

The Stockhorn klettergarten could be a good option. It's expensive to get the lift up, but the views are amazing so quite a good all round experience for a beginner crag. 

https://www.sac-cas.ch/de/huetten-und-touren/sac-tourenportal/klettergebiet...

Post edited at 15:27
 rlrs 04 Jul 2024
In reply to Katjrobb:

I struggle to think of any that can be accessed from above, I can think of 10's which cannot. The two mentioned above (Buffelfels, Stockhorn) I would not think are likely to be suitable, for sure not on most routes.

To be born in mind, even if you can get to the top of the crag, the anchors will likely be below the edge of the crag, and possibly a bit pecarious to get to.

On popular crags, other climbers will likely be happy to fix a top-rope for you.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...