UKC

Club CIC trip problems

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
After some helpful advice...although I realise that this being UKC, it'll probably be whitty and useless advice I get, but it's worth a shot.

Our climbing club is heading up to the CIC hut next week, but we've got transport issues. We've got six people, plus gear, to get up there, but between us we've only got two highly unreliable clio's, that almost certainly wouldn't make it that far!

So, 6 people, + gear, to scotland, on a sunday...cheap.

Looked at car or minibus hire, but just too expensive since we'd be renting for a week, but leaving it parked up for most of that. Is there anyone who'd like to tag along, but would use a minibus for the week, and pay towards it proportionately? Or is there some magical solution I've not thought of yet?

Cheers,

CB
 Scomuir 10 Jan 2013
In reply to carrot_boy (North East Wales MC):
> Or is there some magical solution I've not thought of yet?

The train, since you are staying in one place once you get there, and you have to carry everything up to the hut anyway.
Removed User 10 Jan 2013
In reply to Scomuir:

Or even the bus.
 Simon Caldwell 10 Jan 2013
According to the newspaper this morning, the entire country will be under 6 feet of snow next week, so you may as well cancel the trip.
In reply to Toreador: surely that makes us want to go all the more?
In reply to carrot_boy (North East Wales MC): and looks like a bus/train combo is most likely going to cost around £100 per person...cheaper to hire a car!
Rigid Raider 10 Jan 2013

Phone local minicab companies and ask them to quote you for two return trips to Fort Bill?
 Mr.Ric 10 Jan 2013

Buy an MPV then sell it when you get back?

Get the Clios fixed, fit a roof rack for extra storage if needed.

SCC 10 Jan 2013
Can you get one-way car rentals to / from Fort William?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...