UKC

Collbato (Montserrat) Topos?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 05 Mar 2020

I am headed to Collbato, Montserrat, on Saturday for a few days climbing. I am happy to buy a guidebook (Montserrat Sur?) but don't want to waste a day looking for one. Anyone aware of a book/climbing shop in the area, or have a copy of the book and can send me a few topos to get me started? Collbató

Cheers

Chris

In reply to Chris Craggs:

There is a climbing shop in the main street of Callbato but it has never been open when we have been there, I guess it will be open weekends but... The Montserrat Free Climbs guide is very good but very much a selected guide. I have a copy and could scan a couple of pages but don't have the Cara Sur guide. Are you looking for single or multi pitch? Some great 6a, 6b multi pitch but, as I know from experience, it is a very complex area and approaches are not always obvious.

OP Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 06 Mar 2020
In reply to Ian Butterworth:

Thanks for the reply, very helpful.

I am after a few days of easy (6b and below) single pitch. We are arriving tomorrow pm, I will try and hunt out the shop and hope it is open,

Chris

Post edited at 17:31

Sorry just remembered! The last couple of years when driving to Lleida we have stopped at the Collbato services on the motorway. There is a small climbing shop, which again doesn't seem to be open very often plus a large supermarket and a very reasonable cafe.

Removed User 06 Mar 2020

Chris, I have the Cara Sur guide and will copy some of the pages for you. How do you want me to send them.

Cheers

Mike

Removed User 06 Mar 2020

There is also a climbing shop across the road from the climbers bar, Bar Anna in El Bruc. The bar also has a copy of most of the guides and it is possible to copy the pages for the price of a coffee.

OP Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 07 Mar 2020
In reply to Removed UserMike Rhodes:

Cheers Mike, hope to call at the bar/shop later today. If I fail I will take you up on your offer 

Chris

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...