UKC

Costa Blanca Top rope

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JeroenandTimo 18 Jan 2018

Hi

I am off to the Costa Blanca for a family holiday and hoping to do some climbing with the kids. I need somewhere where I can easily set up a top rope. I have done it in the Echo Valley, but have not found many other places where I can get to the top of the climbs and easily set them up.

Any suggestions, ideally in or near the Jalon Valley/Alcacali?

Thanks

Mark Eddy 19 Jan 2018
In reply to JeroenandTimo:

There's a few of the short routes at Murla that are easy to set up. And on Sector Playground it's possible (with care) to set top ropes.

Morro Falqui also has a few easy to reach anchors, although the climbs are a bit tougher! 'Coming out' 4+ is good fun and worth climbing with youngsters.

Ambolo is good for kids too. You will need to climb the routes though as no walk around option. Sector Initiation is fab even though there's only 3 or 4 routes.

Hope that's helpful

Wayne.Gaudin 19 Jan 2018

The easy routes at Echo 1.5. You can just walk around to the top and rig a few top ropes.

I think this is one that is easy to reach:-

Pro-wire (3a)

Toix has easy climbs but perhaps not as easy to rig a top rope without leading.

annar 19 Jan 2018

I have a 50, and some very long slings. Sometimes I used it in Costa Blanca, sometimes I have used a 60, which has been fine for almost everything.

We bought a 70m 3 years back as advised in the guidebook. Used it once, handy for multi-pitch, and then once more when I went off-route on a bit of an epic and was v grateful for the extra rope! Otherwise, it has sat unused, far too much of a hassle to flake out and carry about. But I don't like a hassle!

OP JeroenandTimo 19 Jan 2018
In reply to Wayne.Gaudin:

Thanks, I will have a look, I think I may have been but a while ago

OP JeroenandTimo 19 Jan 2018
In reply to Mark Eddy:

Thanks, will have a look at those - kid's usually don't last that long, so does not need to have too many routes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...