UKC

Dent de Orlu

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bergfuhrer 10 Sep 2018

Does anyone know the state of the road up to the north col, used to access the east face routes?

Is 4x4 req or can it be done in a normal road car.

PanzerHanzler 10 Sep 2018
In reply to bergfuhrer:

I was with a team that drove up there last year. With some care it was driveable, wasn't a 4x4. Best way to describe it is interesting. Out there next week with a few others. We're staying in Surba. 

Post edited at 16:54
 Andy Nisbet 10 Sep 2018
In reply to bergfuhrer:

It was fine until about 4 years ago when there was some heavy rain and ruts. Two years ago it was still fine but you had to be careful. No problem if you're used to driving on tracks.

Removed User 10 Sep 2018
In reply to bergfuhrer:

We drove up there this July to walk up the Tourist route. Interesting is the right description. It goes on for a long time, is pretty rough and we made some passengers get out at times on the way down to avoid bottoming out. The car (Citroen People carrier thing) survived though I'd have felt a lot happier having a spare wheel with us. 

Cathy 11 Sep 2018
In reply to bergfuhrer:

You can do it in a normal car, but you will be less stressed if it is has high clearance. 

drolex 11 Sep 2018
In reply to bergfuhrer:

Well it's not a good road (no tarmac) and it's longish but it's a fairly normal mountain track. If you drive reasonably slowly you'll be fine. Definitely no 4x4 required (I have done it it in Scenic and Up)

Curly Rich 11 Sep 2018
In reply to bergfuhrer:

A couple of very helpful french lads gave us a lift down the other day. No room in the car so we sat in the boot with the tail gate open. It was a Peugeot 205 or similar not a problem.

Rory Shaw 12 Sep 2018
In reply to bergfuhrer:

Used it in July with a Vauxhall meriva hire car. No probs 

Andy Chubb 14 Sep 2018
In reply to bergfuhrer:

Drove it today in a normal car. Road is rutted in places but a 4 wheel drive not required. Only issue was ground clearance, but we were 4 up wiith kit but made it ok. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...