UKC

Dietry Requirement Food Places in Scotland

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 brooney 14 Apr 2019

I'm enbarking on an adventure around Scotland, this time with a few friends who have dietry requirements (specifically gluten an lactose but I guess this is a good place to start a general thread). Can anyone recommend places (fish and chip shops, pubs etc) that cater for this? 

melocoton 14 Apr 2019
In reply to brooney:

The Real Food Cafe in Tyndrum does really good gf fish and chips.

mike123 14 Apr 2019
In reply to brooney: the real food cafe tyndrum make a real effort with dietary needs . Foods good as well.

http://www.therealfoodcafe.com/

Mike-W-99 14 Apr 2019
In reply to brooney:

Its not something I personally look for but I'm fairly sure the Real Food Cafe in Tyndrum have everything meticulously labelled which I don't think the website shows for some reason (its not as good as it used to be but still above average).

Edit - Well thats Tyndrum sorted then...

Post edited at 23:05
 mike123 14 Apr 2019
In reply to melocoton: snap

edit : the worry is  , that beyond tyndrum  one is f£&ked 

What about the mountain cafe in avimore ? I'd be suprised if they didn't make an effort . 

Post edited at 23:08
 Sharp 15 Apr 2019
In reply to brooney:

I don't think you'll have much trouble. Even the far North of Scotland is washed with tourists in the summer and gluten and lactose are pretty common intolerances. Most places will be able to cater for them and it's a good few years since it was a legal requirement to inform consumers of known alergens in ingredients. I worked in a small independently run cafe up North about 10 years ago and we had some gf options and alternative milk then, things are much better now.

Mike-W-99 15 Apr 2019
In reply to mike123:

> What about the mountain cafe in avimore ? I'd be suprised if they didn't make an effort . 

Your biggest challenge there won't be dietary requirements but getting a seat!

Smythson 15 Apr 2019
In reply to brooney:

The Wildcat Cafe in Fort William is excellent. 

Aviemore Mountain Cafe has plenty of options too.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...