UKC

Dolomites Guidebooks Not Rockfax

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GGD 14 Jul 2020

Can anyone recommend me some other guidebooks for the Dolomites, with some more of the modern bolted multipitches detailed? Preferably those available in the UK and with some English translation, - I speak no Italian.

Cheers, G

In reply to GGD:

https://www.cordee.co.uk/Dolomites%3A-New-Age-det-15-0-0-16923.html

... brand new... published about 4 weeks ago... the likes of Needle Sports, Outside, V12, Joe Brown's have probably got stock... in English throughout...

Post edited at 12:38
 Daimon - Rockfax Global Crag Moderator 15 Jul 2020
In reply to GGD:

Although you have asked for a guide that is not Rockfax. Just incase you're not aware, The Dolomites Rockfax guide was re printed with updates last year. Its an incredible book which took a lot of time and effort and defo worth another look. The update info can also be found here if you have the first edition. https://rockfax.com/wp-content/uploads/intros/Dolomites-2019-Update.pdf

Cheers

AlanLittle 15 Jul 2020
In reply to Daimon - Rockfax:

Does it still not cover the Pala (my favourite area of the Dolomites)?

Alex Riley 15 Jul 2020
In reply to Daimon - Rockfax:

I can see from a 30 second glance that there are mistakes on that update.

its a really inspiring guidebook with great photography and area information, unfortunately it’s accuracy when it comes to routes is less than perfect.

In reply to Alex Riley:

> its a really inspiring guidebook with great photography and area information, unfortunately it’s accuracy when it comes to routes is less than perfect.

It would be great if you could let us know what these mistakes are so that I can then update the PDF.

Do it by email if preferred - alan [at] rockfax.com

Thanks

Alan

henwardian 15 Jul 2020
In reply to GGD:

There are comprehensive (as opposed to selected) verdante sud guides for the Marmolada and tre cime in English, they have lots of modern bolted routes in addition to all the trad lines.

I have both but have only had a chance to significantly use the Tre Cime one, it is a good guide in my estimation. The translations often use slightly the wrong grammar or words but it is still very clear the meaning that is being conveyed and nothing I have read is confusing.

Post edited at 13:30

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...