UKC

Economical travel to Font.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AndyDWilson 16 Oct 2012
Probably been brought up before on here but what is the cheapest way you have made a trip to Font including fuel, food, sleeping arrangements?
 Bulls Crack 16 Oct 2012
In reply to andy16:

Passenger ferry and hitching presumably?
OP AndyDWilson 16 Oct 2012
In reply to Bulls Crack:

have you made it that way though? I was just wondering how people manage to keep the price down.
 Hewitt 17 Oct 2012
In reply to andy16: I would also love to find a really cheap way to do font.. I'd love t go but find a week in turkey cheaper than a weekend in font
 Ramblin dave 17 Oct 2012
In reply to andy16:
We did it earlier this year by car + tunnel. Did about three days for £110 per head - £70 each on fuel, motorway charges and tunnel plus £40 each for food, wine, camping, and a stopover in a cheap motel on the way down.

Ask around on here or at your local wall if you can't get a car full.
 Lhod 17 Oct 2012
In reply to Hewitt:
> (In reply to andy16) I would also love to find a really cheap way to do font.. I'd love t go but find a week in turkey cheaper than a weekend in font

wtf? Are you flying to font by helicopter and renting a room in the palace?
 Bulls Crack 17 Oct 2012
In reply to andy16:
> (In reply to Bulls Crack)
>
> have you made it that way though? I was just wondering how people manage to keep the price down.

No but gave a climber a lift back through the tunnel from Font

My cheapest trip there was as paid conference attenddee in the Palace so all fares and accomodation paid for!
Mike Lewis 17 Oct 2012
In reply to andy16: A few years back I did London-Paris for £3 with Megabus, then got a train down to Font. I think someone commented at the time: "There's being a cheap Northern bastard, and then there's taking things too far".
 Bertbee 18 Oct 2012
In reply to Mike Lewis:

I did this earlier this year - £8 return on the megabus, something like €8 to Font.

Beware - if you don't manage to catch a lift from Font town, you'll blow the rest of your budget on a taxi!
 Bruce Hooker 18 Oct 2012
In reply to Bertbee:

From the town you can walk to quite a few climbing areas.
 Trangia 18 Oct 2012
In reply to andy16:

Boulder bus? Or share a car between 4?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...