UKC

El Chorro and surrounding crags access changes?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jeromeg 14 Sep 2012
Does anyone know anything about access to desplomilandia and some other areas around el chorro changing?

Saw something on facebook about it but can't find any more details so might be nothing at all.

Cheers
 AlH 14 Sep 2012
In reply to jiggerypokery: Try http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=519197 (Mel's second post).
 biscuit 14 Sep 2012
In reply to jiggerypokery:

The area around Highway to Africa is off limits due to rare plants. They have erected fences and put signs up.

Nothing is to be seen around Desplo. No wildlife police, no fences, no signs. Totally different than at Sector Suiza. It seems to be nothing more than rumour. No-one can tell me where the info has come from, just from other climbers. No one can put an official source to it.I know quite a few local climbers and 6 weeks or so ago they were all upset about this ban. Now they are back climbing at Desplo.

I think it's one of those rumours that gets out of hand nowadays due to the internet and mobiles.

I believe it may have been caused by a sighting of an Egyptian vulture at Desplo. Someone told me there were pics on the internet of it there. I think a ban may have come into force if it nested ( just like in the UK ) but it appears it didn't and so there was no ban.

Just to be clear that is what i have pieced together and just because i have typed it on the internet doesn't make it true
 Morgan Woods 15 Sep 2012
In reply to biscuit:
> (In reply to jiggerypokery)
>
>
> I believe it may have been caused by a sighting of an Egyptian vulture at Desplo.

Hosni Mubarak??? :p
 Melanie Byrne 19 Sep 2012
In reply to biscuit: We have had guests climbing at Desplomilandia in the last month with no signs of a ban, notices, guards or anything. The Olive Branch El Chorro

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...