UKC

El Chorro Next Week

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Crabberz 10 Feb 2019

Heading out to El Chorro next week. Looking to do first Multipitch and 'Three Sixty' seems like a good place to start. 

Looking for any advice on the route, such as the 30m abseil. Is it actually 30m i.e can be done on a single 60m rope or is this info in the guidebook incorrect? Also does anybody have any info on the length of the pitches? The guidebook doesn't give info on pitch length. 

Looking for specific info as was planning on taking just a 60m rope. But it's not too late to get a longer one if the consensus is I would be a fool not too. 

First post please be kind. 

Thanks Sam

Emilio Bachini 10 Feb 2019
In reply to Crabberz:

Hey Sam, as far as I’m aware the abseil is possible on a 60 meter route.

You can also walk off if you head left after you top out, which is solid but involves some scrambling.

If you’ve got a 60 meter rope you shouldn’t have to worry too much about the pitch length.

Emilio. 

Alkis 10 Feb 2019
In reply to Crabberz:

I'd recommend Lluvia del Asteroides (5c) but that's another route where the guide states that a 70m rope is required for the abseil. I find that curious, because I had a 70, abbed to the bottom, then unnecessarily abbed through a spiky bush, then continued lowering a few metres down the scree as well. Could have stopped and walked off at least 5m higher, but let's see what the UKC hive mind has to say about that, wouldn't want anyone to get stranded up there!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...