UKC

El Chorro update Nov 3

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 travelguy 03 Nov 2020

Hardly any climbers here yet. Seems a lot will be coming for long stays this year-several weeks up to several months. So far, no lockdown and few, if any, cases of Covid in the village but some towns in Andalucia have borders shut. Masks are worn in town and in shops but not required when climbing or doing other sports. Very little road traffic so it is great for bike riding.

Great weather for the past few weeks. The climbers campgrounds are almost completely empty.

Hiking, biking and swimming (if you don't mind cold water) are all great here.

Tickets are available for the caminito del rey hike (this is the first time I have seen that happen in more than 5 years since it re-opened).

Feel free to contact me for info

Trythallj 04 Nov 2020
In reply to travelguy:

Would I be correct that you can only travel to El Chorro atm by flying into Malaga? I don't think you can drive down from the north, as that would involve crossing province boundaries.

SamR 04 Nov 2020
In reply to Trythallj:

You can drive through a region that is locked down. Provided both your destination and your start point are not locked down you can drive through regions with more restrictions. 

Trythallj 04 Nov 2020
In reply to SamR:

I think that travel by land into Andalucia is not permitted except for essential reasons. I don't think to live the vanlife in El Chorro is one of them. This now applies to most, if not all of the Communities in Spain.

Post edited at 08:15
OP travelguy 04 Nov 2020
In reply to Trythallj:

Good question. I don't know. the current closures expire Nov. 9

There are some vans with climbers here from Spain, UK, France, Italy... Anyway, once the closures end, drving should open up. Meanwhile, flights into Spain are still operating. Malaga airport is the closest but Granada and Seville and even Gibraltar are also possible and are within 2 hour drive of here

OP travelguy 08 Nov 2020
In reply to travelguy:

the government just annnounced that borders will be shut until Nov 23 but climbing and other sports are permitted even now

slucas 08 Nov 2020
In reply to travelguy:

Hay dude

I'm still planning on coming down from UK once they release us Dec 2nd . Would be keen to meet up for sure.

OP travelguy 09 Nov 2020
In reply to slucas:

cool

ping me a couple of days before you arrive

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...