UKC

Eurotunnel

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fredt 29 Apr 2022

Does anybody know what the current situation is with Eurotunnel for cars?

Are the 'stack' arrangements and road diversions or other issues causing any delays for cars?

Ta.

In reply to Fredt:

Used it 2 weeks ago. Bit of a faff on the m20 but not horrendous. Went via Canterbury and popped back on right by junction 11a! That was coming from Sheffield. Just allow abit of time!

pec 30 Apr 2022
In reply to Fredt:

I travelled out on April 15th. The hard shoulder and 2 inside lanes eastbound were being used for 'stacking' lorries. The outside lane and one lane on the opposite carriageway were being used for cars in a contraflow setup.

There were about 5 miles of queuing lorries but no delays at all for cars, exept for the inevitable reduced speed limit (50mph on an average check I think).

I had feared big delays, especially as this was Good Friday but the only delay was at the tunnel terminal itself, where with their usual total incompetance, they had no means of filtering arriving vehicles according to their booked departure time so everyone seems to just join the back of the queue and get on the next available train regardless of whether they arrived in good time or not, hence we were nearly an hour late.

Note, there are no toilets available on the trains at the moment. Apparently some disease called covid stops people needing to go.

On our return (Sunday 24th) I didn't notice any queuing lorries at all so maybe they've got on top of things?

Si dH 30 Apr 2022
In reply to Fredt:

The weekend before Easter it was a bit of a nightmare. All the headlines were about the motorway being shut, which we managed to avoid easily and arrive at the terminal 90 minutes before our booking... but it then took is three hours to get on a train. Coming back at Calais was better but there were still big delays. They just seemed incapable of setting up a proper queuing system to manage the volume of traffic, at both ends. I will be using the ferry again in future.

Post edited at 15:57
 JoshOvki 30 Apr 2022
In reply to Fredt:

Travelled to France last Friday and back this Thursday (with a dog if it matters). No issues at all either direction. A bit annoying the miles upon miles of 50mph, and getting my passport stamped (my Irish other half didn't, so was even more of a kick).  

remus Global Crag Moderator 30 Apr 2022
In reply to Fredt:

Drove past on the way to Dover this morning and no queues at all on the motorway. Getting on the ferry was fine. A few friends took the tunnel yesterday and it was smooth, no waits at all.

OP Fredt 30 Apr 2022
In reply to all
thanks all.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...