UKC

Fairy Cave Quarry conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bpmclimb 22 Aug 2020

Just wondered how people have been finding the conditions at FCQ this August - are the slabs managing to dry out after rain the previous day?  Thanks

The Pylon King 22 Aug 2020
In reply to bpmclimb:

> Just wondered how people have been finding the conditions at FCQ this August - are the slabs managing to dry out after rain the previous day?  Thanks

<tumbleweed>

OP bpmclimb 22 Aug 2020
In reply to The Pylon King:

Yep. Thought I'd get some replies - FCQ has been mentioned a few times in Lifts and Partners recently. Ah well .....

The Pylon King 22 Aug 2020
In reply to bpmclimb:

Probably think it is a trick question. Maybe offer a cash prize for info?

johnl 23 Aug 2020
In reply to bpmclimb:

Yes, I'm waiting for the answer too, looks like UKCers don't go to FCQ. Anyway, bumping it up.

In reply to johnl:

Yeah I'd love to know too. I guess we're all waiting for someone else to go check it out first .

In reply to bpmclimb:

I was there Thursday and was surprised how dry it was apart from a few wet streaks. Most things were climbable indeed there were 7 teams climbing. Yet again parking was the main problem with cars pulled up in unsuitable places. Passing cars were ok but tractors or large lorries would have problems.

mcawle 23 Aug 2020
In reply to bpmclimb:

I don't know as I haven't been there, but FYI just in case you haven't seen this: https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/crag_access/suspect_belay_at_fairy_cave_q...

Edit: it's been posted to the crag notes already so this was probably an unnecessary post but never mind.

Post edited at 20:04
OP bpmclimb 23 Aug 2020
In reply to mcawle:

>  this was probably an unnecessary post 

My favourite kind

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...