UKC

First time bouldering north wales

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Tomtom 29 Sep 2017
Hi all,
Heading down to north wales on Thursday 12th till probably Monday after. Just planning the trip, and welcome any advice.

2 of us, staying in the car, so advice on places to park and sleep would be awesome to go along with any bouldering location advice.

6a-7a grade range.

Also, any locals or anyone who happens to be there at the same time, let me know, happy to be social.

Tia

Tom
 Pete Dangerous 29 Sep 2017
In reply to Tomtom:

Hope you don't mind me joining in but I'll be heading to North Wales in November and could do with advice on the best areas. Where will most likely be dry in inclement weather and are there and classic problems around V6 with few moves or slightly higher grades if longer?

Thanks
Tomtom 29 Sep 2017
In reply to Tomtom:

I'll let you know what we get up to when I've been! By the sounds of it, it's coast if bad weather, and mountains if good.
 Pete Dangerous 29 Sep 2017
In reply to Tomtom:
Cheers! I see Parisella's Cave mentioned a lot. I'm guessing is suffers from seepage after heavy rain though.
Post edited at 13:23
Tomtom 16 Oct 2017
Bit of an unsuccessful trip, but thought I'd share, if you want the small amount of info I can give!

Started on the pass, arrived late Thursday, parked on the layby at cromlech roadside. Had a bimble just to scout out, had been raining so wet ground, but reasonable rock. It then rained hard non stop all night and Friday day, couldn't see much due to fog, so bailed on the hills.

Went to the Llandudno coast, where weather was set to improve. Started at parisellas cave, reasonably dry as it's a cave, but it seeps in places, making some routes difficult. Good smattering of problems if you're comfortable in the 7a range.

Didn't get much further than that, as I put my back out on Saturday, so came home Saturday night.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...