UKC

Flying to Morocco

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rog Wilko 19 Dec 2019

Does anyone have a recommended airline for a visit to Morocco from the north of England (or even Scotland)? Would prefer to avoid that Irish outfit.

And please don't tell me how easy it is to get there by train.

spenser 19 Dec 2019
In reply to Rog Wilko:

TUI flies on Thursdays from Manchester (presuming you are heading to Agadir), it's a bit more comfortable than the Irish outfit.

Ian W 19 Dec 2019
In reply to Rog Wilko:

manchester to casablanca via amsterdam (KLM)  Under £200 in january.......

or easyjet manchester to marrakesh

Post edited at 15:32
OP Rog Wilko 19 Dec 2019
In reply to spenser:

Well, we're actually going to Marrakech - it's not really a climbing holiday as it happens. Thanks anyway.

Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 19 Dec 2019
In reply to Rog Wilko:

That "Irish outfit' fly from Edinburgh to Charleroi for £10 and Charleroi to Marrakesh for €19 on selected dates in January - just saying like,

Chris

Post edited at 16:19
Rigid Raider 19 Dec 2019
In reply to Chris Craggs:

Yebbut would you trust them to transfer you and your luggage successfully at Charleroi for that price? Imagine being stuck in Marrakesh with no spare underpants.

In reply to Rigid Raider:

Not an issue - that price doesn't include luggage anyway

Chris

OP Rog Wilko 19 Dec 2019
In reply to Chris Craggs:

Thanks Chris. But despite the price, I'm not that keen. For one thing, it'll entail 6 hrs driving as opposed to 2.5 for Manchester or Liverpool. I think I'm with Rigid Raider.

In reply to Rog Wilko:

Ah sorry, - I checked Scotland as it sounded like you preferred it. They do Mcr to Charleroi for £10 most days in Jan btw.

We flew just from Athens to Carcassonne via a night in Charleroi - €19 and €22 for the two flights, flying in the middle of the day, and all on time. I know Ryanair get a lot of stick, but if they are going where I want to be I don't have any hesitation using them,

Chris

mrphilipoldham 19 Dec 2019
In reply to Rigid Raider:

Ryanair don't have their own baggage handlers or gate agents, you'll be using the same folk most other airlines also use.. Swissport etc.

Martin Bennett 19 Dec 2019
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Hiya Rog. We nowadays always go with Easyjet from Manchester. TUI which was Thomson in the days we used 'em tends to be very expensive without offering anything extra. For us it's usually to Agadir for Tafraout (19 trips so far) but we once went Easyjet to Marrakesh also. I'd expect the price to be around £100 - £150 if you book early enough. We've had return to Agadir for £70 but that was exceptional. Baggage extra. Only spent a night or two in Marrakesh in transit but a pal went as a couple last year and raved about it. Have a good trip.

Stichtplate 19 Dec 2019
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Easy Jet from Manchester. No issues apart from an hours tarmac delay on the return leg while a couple were ejected for intoxication. Good effort considering the country's mostly dry.

OP Rog Wilko 19 Dec 2019
In reply to Martin Bennett:

Thanks Martin. Long time no see - do a route or two next spring?

OP Rog Wilko 19 Dec 2019
In reply to Stichtplate:

Thanks. That's about what I thought.

Heike 20 Dec 2019
In reply to Rog Wilko:

We are flying with Easyjet from Manchester.

Dave Williams 20 Dec 2019

Off topic I realise. 

Just out of interest, I paid about £10 more than your best ever flight cost a couple of weeks ago for a return Easyjet flight from Gatwick to Agadir next March. Similar prices still available from Manchester too for the same period. 

Hopefully see you out there, as usual. 

Dave

Martin Bennett 22 Dec 2019
In reply to Rog Wilko:

> Thanks Martin. Long time no see - do a route or two next spring?

I'd look forward to that. We'll need to find, to paraphrase Cormac McCarthy, a country for old men!

nbudgen 27 Dec 2019
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Hi Rog,

We live in Todra Gorge in Morocco so if you need any info on anything for Morocco before or whilst you are there just shout! info@rocknyogiadventures.com

OP Rog Wilko 28 Dec 2019
In reply to nbudgen:

Hi Natalie,

Thanks for your post. Have looked at your website. Hope to be in touch soon.

Rog

OP Rog Wilko 28 Dec 2019

> I'd look forward to that. We'll need to find, to paraphrase Cormac McCarthy, a country for old men!

I know several.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...