UKC

/ Fontainebleau: bouldering pads on train?

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
mikegrai - on 23 Sep 2018

I will be making my first visit to Fontainebleau next month.  I am staying near the train station in Avon and plan to boulder at areas in walking distance, or in walking distance from the Bois-le-Roi and Nemours stations.  Does anyone have experience with taking bouldering pads on the train?  I am planning to rent a pad.  Should I plan to rent a smaller pad, or is size not an issue on the train?  I will be there October 12 through 16 on my own, so if anyone else is planning to be there on those dates and is looking for a spotter and another pad for those higher problems, please let me know.  Any other general advice welcome too.

Smythson on 23 Sep 2018
In reply to mikegrai:

I met some folk in ailefroide a couple of months back who had come from the UK on the train with loads of luggage including pads - no issues at all.

gravy - on 23 Sep 2018
In reply to Smythson:

Done the train to font with pads a couple of times - no trouble whatsoever but check first.  You need to queue at the entrance with the outsize baggage x-ray machine and the pad will be put somewhere for big bags when you get to the train.

greg_may_ - on 24 Sep 2018
In reply to mikegrai:

Should be no issue on the RER. Or rather, it wasn't whenever we did it. 

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.