UKC

France "pass sanitaire" still required for lifts, bars etc?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Stone Muppet 03 May 2022

Is the pass sanitaire still required to prove COVID vaccination status for ski lifts, bars, etc in France? The FCO site says it's only needed for care homes and such like, but plenty of conflicting info out there.

Am I also right in thinking it's quite hard to get seeing as "booster within 4 months of first vaccination course" is needed to qualify? Has anyone addressed this problem e.g. by getting a second booster??

Rob Exile Ward 03 May 2022
In reply to Stone Muppet:

Just back from France and Covid hasn't been mentioned once.

Doug 03 May 2022

The only place I've had to show a pass sanitaire recently was at the local hospital, not visited a carehome lately but can believe that would be the same.

My understanding (I live in France) is that masks are still needed in a few places such as hospitals, pharmacies & GP surgeries and I think still on public transport (at least everyone was wearing one when I caught a bus in Avignon last week). And although not required by law, maybe half the folk in ou local supermarket were wearing masks this morning.

yorkshireman 04 May 2022

Same as Doug I live in France and haven't been asked for my pass anywhere lately or even asked to wear a mask. 

I flew out and back into Lyon airport about 10 days ago and even in the airport people weren't wearing masks and it was annoyingly sketchy on the plane but of course to check in we had to upload our vaccination status beforehand. 

I don't use public transport much but I'm getting a shuttle to the start of a race on Sunday and they've announced masks will be mandatory for that. 

Everyday life though seems to be normal (for now)

steve taylor 04 May 2022

When I flew into Paris in March my vaccination record was requested and checked.

When I flew in last week, I wasn't asked. I've also not been asked for my Pass Sanitaire in any bars/restaurants since arriving.

You still need to wear a mask on public transport though.

An unjabbed/unmasked friend went skiing recently to France without a problem, the issue never came up, although I guess he had to show a test result.

I noticed for the last few weeks of the season, webcams showed very few customers on the ski slopes. In my view that would be because of the exclusion of a very significant part of the market (the unjabbed).

DC

GrahamD 04 May 2022
In reply to Dave Cumberland:

> I noticed for the last few weeks of the season, webcams showed very few customers on the ski slopes. In my view that would be because of the exclusion of a very significant part of the market (the unjabbed).

That and people trying to avoid the unjabbed, of course.

mrphilipoldham 04 May 2022
In reply to GrahamD:

Surely they're trying to avoid Covid rather than the unjabbed. Stop with the divisive nonsense. 

mcawle 04 May 2022

Re: booster within 4 months of first vaccination course - what's generally meant by this is that, if you've only had your primary course (e.g. dose 1 and dose 2 of Pfizer), and it's been more than 4 months since your second dose, then you need to also have had a booster to count as fully vaccinated.

Once you've had your booster (so dose 1, dose 2, then dose 3/booster), there is no further 4 month count down from the booster. So no need for a second booster at this stage.

Si dH 04 May 2022

At Easter (in Font and Paris, not skiing) I saw no evidence of anyone asking for a pass in bars, restaurants or shops. I did have to upload our vaccine passes to Eurotunnel's website before traveling but that was it. You don't need a second booster.

Mask wearing was similar to the UK (ie very infrequent) in most places including all the above. However, compliance was high on public transport (specifically for us, trains and metros) where I understand the rules are still enforced.

Post edited at 10:31
In reply to GrahamD:

> That and people trying to avoid the unjabbed, of course.

Forrest Gump, "stupid is as stupid does".

DC

yorkshireman 04 May 2022

> I noticed for the last few weeks of the season, webcams showed very few customers on the ski slopes. In my view that would be because of the exclusion of a very significant part of the market (the unjabbed).

My local lifts were busy right up to the close just before Easter but in line with what you would expect (eg outside school holidays). 

Local media report the season was decent and numbers have bounced back pretty well despite the complications with foreign tourists around Xmas. 

http://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr/auvergne-rhone-alpes/savoie/stations...

Seems to be around 80% vaccination rate in France so I don't think the unjabbed are significantly affecting things. 

In reply to yorkshireman:

>  Seems to be around 80% vaccination rate in France so I don't think the unjabbed are significantly affecting things. 

Appreciate your local observations. I was meaning more the bigger international resorts where unjabbed from abroad would be a significant %.

Bear in mind out of a UK total realistic population of 75 MM, from UK gov corona dashboard yesterday:

48% no booster

34% no second jab

29% no first jab

Those are big minorities.

DC

supersteve 04 May 2022
In reply to yorkshireman:

Got back from a week skiing at the weekend and wasn't once asked for the pass. On busses and in cable cars about 50% of folks wore masks. The best part was a lady in the hotel tested positive and told the staff she would isolate. They told her not to bother, just sit in the corner at mealtimes and not touch anything. Incredible. 

GrahamD 04 May 2022

> 48% no booster

> 34% no second jab

> 29% no first jab

> Those are big minorities.

> DC

Those are big minorities so it isn't surprising that many choose not to travel.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...