UKC

French Campsites-Toilet facilities open?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 coldfell 20 Jul 2020

Does anyone know if toilet/showers are available or if like the UK only self contained camping is allowed. Having had 2 Greek holidays cancelled recently , we are hoping to travel down to Provence, with our basic campervan in September. Like many climbers I guess, we are becoming increasingly frustrated at not getting a holiday this year, especially my other half who has worked more than ever during lockdown.

Cheers,

Dorine

In reply to coldfell:

No, as far as I know it’s pretty much as normal at the moment, with some limitations on number of people using the facilities at the same time etc. Could all change of course...

yorkshireman 20 Jul 2020
In reply to fibonacci moose:

If it's any help I went into Leroy Merlin in Grenoble on Saturday and the toilets were open as normal (previously all stores had closed them) - can't see why campsites would be any different.

We've been out of lockdown for longer than the UK and made good progress although it looks like the R0 number might be creeping up again in some places.

As of today it's obligatory to wear a face mask in any enclosed public space though.

In reply to coldfell:

Here in the Écrins the campsites are open with toilet  and shower blocks all open, just think they are doing more cleaning.

cheers

pec 20 Jul 2020
In reply to coldfell:

Does anybody know if French campsites require pre booking at the moment and are they abnormally busy this year if fewer people are not travelling abroad?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...