UKC

Garden Trolley in Font

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dilatory 19 Feb 2020

Garden trolleys are the in festival accessory but thinking of taking one to Font as a mobile base and bed for our 2 year old. Last year she slept in arms/sit start pad/baby carrier and for approaches sat on my shoulders with her back against a pad.

This year we'd like to feel less like pack mules and drag things in on a big wheeled garden trolley. Has anyone done this? 

TheGeneralist 19 Feb 2020
In reply to dilatory:

What you want is our Chariot Cougar bike trailer/pram thing. A veteran of many bleau trips. Takes two kids and multiple mats.

Pricey though.

OP dilatory 20 Feb 2020
In reply to TheGeneralist:

They do look useful but a lot more expensive than the garden trolley option! 

gethin_allen 20 Feb 2020
In reply to dilatory:

Last year we saw a family at L'Elephant pulling a collapsible 4 wheeled trailer with bags and 2 kids in it. 

It looked like an excellent system but wouldn't be ideal in all venues I guess.

subtle 20 Feb 2020
In reply to dilatory:

We took our 1 year old to font - was great - he slept on a mat, enabling us both to have some fun

Took him as a 2 year old - freakin nightmare - he continually wanted to wander off / clamber up stuff so we hardly got any time bouldering

The joys of parenthood - all good  

Have fun, and good luck

greg_may_ 20 Feb 2020
In reply to dilatory:

Last two years we've used a walking backpack with kit in (and toddler) on person 1, person 2 with a pair of mats and water/food. No issues getting between places. We've always just found somewhere to set up as a base - rotated child duties - got a lot of climbing in.

We have used bikes and trailer to access some places, worked well. We've considered a garden trailer with wide tyres before, but never bothered. Seen quite a few other people using them to great effect though.

1st time 1 year old learning to walk - was great, she was using the boulders as handrails and sticks as walking poles.

2nd time 2 year old - exploring, looking at everything, but happy to wander around near us - she's not a run away type. Except when there are lizards - they must be chased at all times.  She got quite a bit of climbing done too - easy angled boulders she wanted to then slide down.

3rd time in April coming, she'll be three - expect she'll want to do a lot mure "climbing" so we will factor that in. BUt quite a few of us going, other kids too.

OP dilatory 20 Feb 2020
In reply to gethin_allen:

Brill thanks for replies all! 

We had no real issues getting most places but did some mega walk ins and it's just not worth the hassle with baby so intent to stick to easy access places as a family.

My plan this year is as I'm a very early riser to get out for a couple of hours onto anything serious I want to try and then spend the day pottering about as family fitting in circuits between chasing lizards and spotting my other half / rest of our bunch. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...