UKC

Gentle activities in the dolomites?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kemics 23 Jun 2019

Originally the plan was a week in the dolomites doing via ferrata. Unfortunately 3 days before we leave my girlfriend has injured her back. Other than the health spas and wine, does anyone have any recommendations for gentle hill days out? 

Kean 24 Jun 2019
In reply to Kemics:

Depends a bit where you're based...and your girlfriend's mobility but...

Take the cable car from Passo Falzarego to Lagazuoi...15 minute stroll up to the highest point on good trail...lunch at the Rifugio. Outstanding views!

Lago del Sorapiss from Passo 3 Croci, lunch at the rifugio (Above Cortina, east). Long stroll, beautiful setting, good trail. Almost no ascent.

Otzi museum in Bolzano to see the iceman...pick your moment! Very popular!

tjekel 24 Jun 2019
In reply to Kemics:

Walk around tre cime - pertially or fully. Thousands of people but still incredibly impressive, if you start with the clock, som 40' bring you to incredible views. 

OP Kemics 24 Jun 2019
In reply to all:

thanks that cicerone guide looks perfect. We are staying in Soraga in val di fassa 

blurty 25 Jun 2019
In reply to Kemics:

Is she up to a bike ride? There is a disused railway track from Cortina (where you can hire bikes) that goes up into the mountain and also down to a town about 40k lower in the valley - pretty much downhill all the way, where you can get a bus (with bike rack) back up to Cortina. There is one section that is like a forest track with a short uphill. Dolomiti trail it's called I think

OP Kemics 25 Jun 2019
In reply to blurty:

Thanks that's a good suggestion, i think road cycling would be fine, mountain biking would be a bridge too far probably

blurty 25 Jun 2019
In reply to Kemics:

It's a dead smooth ex-railway track, less juddery than on the road (well, maybe not Italian roads)

OP Kemics 25 Jun 2019
In reply to blurty:

Ah okay, that sounds like it'll make a good day out.

Mike-W-99 25 Jun 2019
In reply to Kemics:

It is a good book. The dinosaur footprints below pelmo are worth a visit.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...